YOUTH AWARDS 2020
OCNZ is excited to announce that the Rotorua Youth Awards will be reinstated in 2024!
Watch this space for further information about the planning stages later in 2023.
Rotorua Youth Awards nominations close in
'X-Factor' Peoples Choice award voting closes
Rotorua Youth Awards 2020 Celebration
Aim of the Event
Our aim is:
- to honour exceptional Rotorua youth (aged 15-24)
- to celebrate excellence and their achievements or service to the community
The RYA will provide a platform of distinction to allow peer and community recognition with award finalists officially acknowledged at the RYA Celebration; a night of glamour and glitz, key note speakers and entertainment where young people are appreciated for their outstanding dedication in the community and their nominated category.
Awards General Criteria
To be eligible, nominees must be aged between 15 and 24, currently live or have lived in the Rotorua District in the past 12 months.
Nominees must have:
- Contributed significantly to their community/team/workplace
- Demonstrated integrity, initiative and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated the ability to motivate, engage and positively influence others
- Demonstrated commitment and perseverance
- Demonstrated leadership skills
The awards information and nomination process will be sent to Rotorua High Schools, Youth Service providers, the Rotorua Lakes Council, various local trusts, organisations, the OneChance NZ website, Facebook, email database and local media. The public are encouraged to nominate online to ensure the process is transparent and accountable. Nominations are counted, collated and the top three nominations in each category making the finals. Once the judges have selected the three finalists for the ‘X-Factor’ People’s Choice, the public can then vote online to decide the winner.
- More FM Most Outstanding Youth Performance Group
- Sir Howard Morrison Performing Arts Centre Most Outstanding Youth Performer
- New Zealand Maori Arts & Crafts Institute Most Amazing Youth Visual Artist
- Donelley Sawmillers Ltd Most Outstanding Sports Team
- Rotorua Lakes Council Sport and Recreation Portfolio Most Outstanding Sports Athlete
- Youth Employment Plus Rotorua Most Outstanding Youth Employee
7. Youth Employment Plus Rotorua Youth Employer of the Year
8. Rothbury Insurance Most Outstanding Community Youth Ambassador
9. Rotary Rotorua North Youth Services Icon Award
10. Mitre 10 Mega Rotorua ‘X-Factor’ People’s Choice Award
11. Roadmaster Limited Most Awesome Youth of the Year
12. Elite Adventures Huru Peri Te Rangipuawhe Maika Youth Cultural Leader of the Year
13. Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Supreme Youth Leader of the Year
Three finalists are found via the online nomination process which will be uploaded to the website and judges will pick the winners. The finalists of each category will be announced at the Media Launch and the overall winner of the categories will be announced at the RYA Celebration.
‘X-Factor’ People’s Choice Award
This award is open to the general public of Rotorua to nominate and then vote for an individual young person who has the ‘X-Factor’. This youth shows determination, the will to succeed, a willingness to learn, integrity, has fun and works hard in all areas of life. Three finalists are then chosen by the judges and the public then vote to find the winner.
Youth Services Icon & Youth Employer of the Year
These two awards are for adults who are youth advocates and supporters of our young people. Click on the nominations links below for their specific criteria.
OCNZ would like to thank our 2020 sponsors.
Sponsor: More FM
Sponsor: Donelley Sawmillers Ltd
Sponsor: Rothbury Insurance
Sponsor: Roadmaster Limited
Sponsor: Youth Employment Plus Rotorua
Sponsor: Sir Howard Morrison Performing Arts Centre
Sponsor: Rotorua Lakes Council
Sponsor: Rotary Rotorua North
Sponsor: Elite Adventures Huru Peri Te Rangipuawhe Maika
Sponsor: NZ Maori Arts and Crafts Institute
Sponsor: Youth Employment Plus Rotorua
Sponsor: Mitre 10 Mega Rotorua
Sponsor: Toi Ohomai Institute Technology
RYA 2020 SPONSORS
Website and hosting kindly sponsored by: